Getting dirty in Bama

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm not sure what caused this but I checked my filter tonight and what the hell is going on scratch Mad ?

I wonder if the PJ1 cleaner and spray oil had issues with the filter material even though its foam. I don't think it is from rubbing or anything as the filter was snug and it looks almost like the foam was eating itself up along with the filter skin.
This is the first FLO air filter I've bought and I think it's going to be the last. I ran TwinAir filters on my DRZ before this and never experienced any issues with the filter falling apart. I might also decide to try the No-Toil filter and No-Toil biodegradable products.

Any ideas? Maybe there is a rat inside my motor Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ridealabama.forumotion.com
edge

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 pm

hak, that looks crazy! I have a K&N, and will be cleaning or replacing after a ride tomorrow. Maybe you got a cleaning solvent on it, spilled gas somehow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Well of course I got cleaning stuff on it. PJ1 foam filter cleaner spray and PJ1 foam filter oil spray. Don't think its gas as I don't clean my filters with gas and my bike is running lean as can be ATM. Haven't spilled any gas on the bike since I've had it. Crazy. Going by cycle gear tomorrow and picking up a no-toil I guess.
Back to top Go down
edge

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 pm

talk about lean? dont make me post a pic of my glowing headpipe :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 pm

Mine glows too (if no air running across it) but its normal on my bike. Lean + titanium header = glowness. They will lock a thread down ASAP if you post a glowing thread on TT in the WR section haha.

The bikes come lean from the factory because of EPA nazis. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Hak on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:56 pm

here ya go (not my bike) Laughing

haha
Back to top Go down
edge

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:58 pm

my leg is BBQ now. got a nice red hue to it, and It didnt even touch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:03 am

mm toasty

I can't ride my bike in my neighborhood in shorts just goofing off. Too hot Laughing
Back to top Go down
edge

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:12 am

No shit lol, wearin pants tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:30 am

wow that sucks.

i used the no-toil stuff for a while, but i didnt care for it. too much hassle to oil the filter. i like the pj1 spray can oil, and twinair filters the best so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:09 pm

I just picked up my no-toil air filter from the local cycle gear store. I feel the FLO air filter being too large in diameter (it is circular shaped) and rubbing on the bottom of the airbox is more than likely the culprit. The no-toil is "D' shaped like the air filter basket so I'm sure it will take up less room inside the airbox than the large FLO filter did. I would not recommend the FLO air filter to anyone with a YZ/WR after this happening within basically 3 rides! My bike didn't have the air filter with it from the previous owner because it was the stocker and was falling apart so I bought it without knowing the stock air filter shape. After looking at a exploded view drawing on motosport I can already tell the stocker is nowhere near as large as the FLO filter was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha   

Back to top Go down

FLO air filter junk? Disintegration pic inside! WTF haha
Page 1 of 1