Getting dirty in Bama

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tyler

PostSubject: Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls   Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Does anyone know where to find good places with big jumps, step-ups or cliff walls to climb?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls   Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 pm

You crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does the bowl in Helena have those items?

I need to go check out my old riding grounds growing up because it had all of those fun items you are looking for.

It's out in Morris area towards Pinson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls   Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Bowl has most. I'd need a trials bike to feel comfortable doing a cliff wall lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ridealabama.forumotion.com
tyler

PostSubject: Re: Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls   Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:02 pm

The cliffs at the bowl aren't really that good. And I don't think bikes are welcome anymore.

But thanks for the input and keep the ideas coming.

Hak, you ever race a buddy Hare Scramble?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls   Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:17 pm

The bowl is one of those places where you'll get a different reply when asked if its "ok" to ride out there. Me and my buddies have been riding off and on this summer and never had an issue. Sometimes I'd see 4x4 trucks and rail jobs out there and other times just a handful of folks on quads and dirt bikes. The only issue I had once or twice was coming around curves on the main road and some big rig trucker will go wide seeming to run me off the road but never really "swerve" at me. I've seen the white regular pickup trucks the miners use and nobody has mentioned anything to me. I think the main concern is riding deep in the trails or riding during hunting season. Who knows though.

I haven't got my bike dialed in to ride a hare scramble yet but I'm hoping to soon. Not really in it to race it but to ride it. I could come in last and be content with that so long and me and the bike make it to the finish in one piece. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ridealabama.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls   

Back to top Go down

Strip Pits, Playgrounds or Big Cliff Walls
Page 1 of 1