Ride Alabama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting dirty in Bama

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hak
Admin
Hak

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Empty
PostSubject: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Sunset was looking pretty nice so I ran out with my bike to the dirt spot and grabbed a few before it went away. Had to use pop-up flash but oh well. I don't have strobes and lens flare FTL Sad

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Sunsetbars

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Sunsethill2

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Sunsetside

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Sunsethill
Back to top Go down
https://ridealabama.forumotion.com
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 pm

looks good hak. you fix that carb issue yet?
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Nope still trying to clear out the AP. I rode my buddies CRF250R today and holy sheeeet that bike rips. It has a 270 bb kit in it and a few other mods. Now that I know what a well sorted carb 4 stroke is supposed to feel like I am depressed as hell. Need to get my bike running worth a crap.

Thanks for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Very nice Hak!
BTW,
We rode out at the bowl and the power lines yesterday.
Had a good time except my buddy tore the rear fender off his KTM 250 XC W.
I was also stupid enough to ride it and now I want to SALE my bike. lol
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks!

I was real close to going out to the bowl yesterday. My buddy (paco on here) and I went and picked up his new "used" bike yesterday and just kind of tooled around the trails by my house. Another buddy of mine on here (bdawg) was out tuning his CRF250X at the bowl yesterday trying to get his reworked suspension dialed in. Paco took his new 04 CRF250R out there after leaving my house. You might of seen them. The 250R had Hooters graphics on it lol.

After riding the 250R I really really really need to get my carb fixed. It's KILLING me!
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:57 pm

We saw a group of guys on WR, XR650, YZ and a kid on a KTM 90 i believe.
We rode from 8a.m till around 12. I believe the guy we rode with lives in Sterling Gate.

Did you put a jet kit in your carb?
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Yup I have the jet kit (JD) in the bike but the issue is that the nozzle in the venturi of the carb from the accelerator pump isn't spraying any fuel Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Kopfschuettel . I believe it is clogged somewhere, probably from the original owner I bought it from telling me he hadn't ridden the bike and pulled just the tank for storage. I'm willing to bet he didn't drain the float bowl or blow out the carb as I had a clogged pilot jet initially causing the hanging idle issues.

Now that I've got that fixed and jetted per JD kits recommendations for our climate and alititude, I'm now stuck with trying to figure out what is wrong with the AP Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Icon_mad . I've checked the rod for actuation. It appears to be operating correctly. Linkage works. I haven't checked to ensure it is indeed touching the rivet on the diaphragm but I'm pretty sure it is. Diaphragm looked fine as I figured imaybe I'd get lucky and find it might of deteriorated from ethanol sitting on or around it from storage but it looked ok and seated fine. I have been advised to try guitar string and push it up thru the brass rod and into the AP nozzle jet to see if I can clear out the clog. I was told to be VERY careful as if I screw up the AP nozzle I've basically created myself one expensive $600 paper weight.

Somewhere it is clogged and it's driving me nuts trying to get it running like it should! One thing is for certain is I'm learning more than I ever wanted to learn about 4 stroke carbs now Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy 21751
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:11 am

Did you do the air box mode?
I know they recommend that and to gut your pipe on the Honda's.

I put a 04 R muffler on mine.

My bike doesn't seem like the same bike any more, Instant power now and a lot of it!!! Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Affraid I rode a buddies stock X and it's really crazy what difference the jet kit, airbox mode and pipe made.
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 am

I will do those other mods once I get the carb sorted out. I worked on the carbs a good bit yesterday and I think I've finally narrowed in that it is gunked up a the nozzle orifice inside the venturi. I cleaned all the ports, AP and check valve with guitar steel string and ensured my actuator rod was indeed contacting the diaphragm. I'm going to spray some carb cleaner up inside the port to the nozzle maybe tonight if I have enough time when I get home. If I see no stream coming out of the nozzle then i'll be at a loss for words or ideas. i have a feeling I can get it fixed soon though now that I've gone thru the whole thing and narrowed out most of the potential problem areas.

I have already replaced the stock baffle in the exhaust with a PMB insert (larger diameter). I didn't want to go the gray wire mod or the air box mods until I get the carb fixed as it would more than likely cause my bike to be excessively lean with the introduction of more air and not enough fuel to support it. The gray wire mod basically switches my ignition timing map from the WR-F to the YZ-F. Once the carb is sorted out its on like donkey kong :)

Some pics from yesterday....

diaphragm looks good on both sides...

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Apdiaphragm

check valve seemed to be operating as I could press on the ball bearing and feel it move. So I know its not gunked up as the spring and ball move like they should...

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Apcheckvalve

port that leads up thru the carb body to the AP squirt nozzle ito the venturi. I tried feeling if it was gunked up with the guitar string but of course the orifice of the nozzle is 90 degrees out. So I feel it has to be gummed or something at the orifice (probably from a drip of fuel being there from storage). Or so I hope lol....

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Apport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy   Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunset pics with the WR2Fiddy
Page 1 of 1