HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Got some much needed work done today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Got some much needed work done today   Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Today I got some much needed work done to the WR. Haven't had time to go ride and test it yet as I still need to rejet because of these mods but hopefully Sunday I can get a little ride in.

My YZ250F throttle stop came in so I swapped that out with the longer stock WR throttle stop. No more half throttle!!

Here's a pic of the comparison to give you an idea...

Since the WR250F comes so corked up I decided to finally cut my airbox to give it some room to breathe....

While I was doing all these mods to help it breather and let the carb open up I figured I might as well do the gray wire mod. The gray wire mod switches my ignition map from the WR to the YZ-F. Here's the bike all stripped down....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ridealabama.forumotion.com
Hak
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Got some much needed work done today   Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:43 am

Did a rejet this morning. Went with the blue needle at 5th clip from top. #185 MJ. Fuel screw 2 turns out. Bike f'n rips!!! no more bog. Bike pulls cleanly from any RPM now!!!! This is how the bike should of came from the factory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ridealabama.forumotion.com
easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: Got some much needed work done today   Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:57 pm

next mod.........suspension!!! believe me......WOW I cannot express in words the difference it made in my bike. FASTLAP (STEVE) FTMFW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yamahamer

PostSubject: Re: Got some much needed work done today   Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Looks like we had the same down time last week! This is the writeup I posted on Bamarides this morining.

If you are thinking of trying this or just want to know how it will feel. Take the side cover of the bike and go for a short ride. the bike will not idle with the cover of but under throttle you can tell the differance. Short ride! you will be running lean!

If you want to do the mod you will have to rejet your carb.
you will need a 140 or higher main jet "I went with a 142"
and a 25 pilot jet
First remove the seat then the tank.
To make it easy to remove thr carb take the top bolt out of the rear frame and roll the frame back.

Then remove the throttle cable's from the carb, remove TPS or find the plug and unplug it, and lossen the boots to pull the carb.
Once the carb is off you will have to take a 1/8 drill and drill out the cover on the fuel screw. Drill a small hole then scew a screw into the hole and use a set of plyers to pull the cover plug out.

Then you can see the fuel screw. Take a flat head and run the screw all the way in. Then turn the screw back out 2 1/2 to 3 turns back out to match the jets.

Now tack the bottom off the carb and replace the main and pilot jets. I forgot to take pics but there is a video on the whole thing that will show you step by step.
Suzuki DRZ400 3X3 mod

I used a jigsaw but you can cut the air box with almost anything.

Last step put it all back together and get ready to grin!
I love it! If you have a DRZ and want to feel the change we can get together and you can ride mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got some much needed work done today   

Back to top Go down

Got some much needed work done today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ride Alabama :: General :: Dirt bikes corner-
Jump to: