Ride Alabama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting dirty in Bama

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL

Go down 
+2
ktm113mcp
DeeBart
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeeBart

DeeBart

SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL Empty
PostSubject: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Who is planning on riding this event?
This will be one of the best courses of the year i'm betting.

Last edited by DeeBart on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Im planning on racing it! I haven't ran a race there yet but from everything I've heard it should be Awesome! SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL 954592 Anybody know how long the course will be?
Back to top Go down
http://doobobboyz.webs.com/
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 am

Around 10 miles.
Back to top Go down
marrighi

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 pm

I plan on going . How are the ribs ? My buddy broke 10 at the last race at cornerstone.
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:15 am

I'm all healed up. I bought me a football rib protector and it works really well
with my new chest protector.

How is your buddy? I can't even imagine breaking 10!! That is crazy!
Back to top Go down
marrighi

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Tom is ok . He is 64 , he has put his bike up for sale . He said he may come with me to the race and ride the cooler and be the pit crew.
Back to top Go down
VELOSITY

VELOSITY

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Post up a link so I can check it out . I'd like to try it out.
Back to top Go down
marrighi

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:23 pm

I am not sure how to post a link but if go to the sera web site you can print the flyer.It is a good place to ride. Red puts on a good race.
Back to top Go down
ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:45 am

Here is the flyer from the SERA site:
SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL SERA%20Cornerstone
Really hoping I get to race this one! SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL 954592
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Good job ktm113mcp!

I hope to see all you guys there.

Stop by and say hey if you see a white avalanche ,white CRF250X and my buddies KTM XC 250.
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:12 pm

marrighi wrote:
Tom is ok . He is 64 , he has put his bike up for sale . He said he may come with me to the race and ride the cooler and be the pit crew.

That's probably what I need to be doing " riding the cooler". I've taken falls off of coolers and those are
a lot easier to recover from. lol
Back to top Go down
VELOSITY

VELOSITY

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 am

thanks for the info, but I 'm not gonna make it this time, ya'll have fun
Back to top Go down
ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Alright how was it??? I hated I couldn't make it. Was it as fun as expected?
Back to top Go down
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Super fun race! My first SERA race and I rode C-lite. made it the whole 2 hours (3laps). Not sure what place i came in SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL Icon_scratch I didnt even realize it gave you a position at the check tent until somebody told me AFTER the race haha

I got my SERA membership now, so were gonna take the camper down to clanton for the next one I hope. Maybe let my 10yr old ride the kids race.

btw.......my bike took a beating. I was going up the big hill coming out of the creek and one of the guys helping took off up the hill on a xr just as i was going to throttle up the hill. ended up slamming into the back of him, and the bike went tumbling.......broke one of my side panels that I just put on the week before SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL 134598 good times
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:48 am

easy2pass wrote:
Super fun race! My first SERA race and I rode C-lite. made it the whole 2 hours (3laps). Not sure what place i came in SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL Icon_scratch I didnt even realize it gave you a position at the check tent until somebody told me AFTER the race haha

I got my SERA membership now, so were gonna take the camper down to clanton for the next one I hope. Maybe let my 10yr old ride the kids race.

btw.......my bike took a beating. I was going up the big hill coming out of the creek and one of the guys helping took off up the hill on a xr just as i was going to throttle up the hill. ended up slamming into the back of him, and the bike went tumbling.......broke one of my side panels that I just put on the week before SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL 134598 good times

Did i line up right beside you? I thought it was you but wasn't 100% sure??

Yeah, That course kicked my butt and then some. I'm still hurting today.lol
That hill was brutal and then add to the fact there was a traffic jam there the whole time.
What a great time thought!!!
Back to top Go down
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:09 pm

that was you wasnt it. Yeah we were right beside each other @ the start. I was talking to the guy on the 200xc, and he was telling me about his buddy with the 250x, but it never clicked until just now haha I guess i was thinking at that time you were still recovering. I talked to your partner from the warrior race at the finish line, I believe i finished right after him.

you guys gonna go to the one in clanton coming up the 28th?

My back felt like a board monday, but im loosining up now lol gotta do some running before the next one.
Back to top Go down
marrighi

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm

I had a good time . The hill was a good one ,big jam up when I got to it .I ride 40+c class, the row behind c lite. Tom came with me I think he is looking at a yz125.I missed some turns and had to turn around, needed more markers. I am going to the calnton race . I would like to get up with you guys.
Back to top Go down
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 pm

I bet i know what turn your talking about. Gravel road, then one little white/red arrow sign.........I missed that one twice.
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 am

Well dang. I started to say something to you but I wasn't sure. lol

If you finished right after Will you did pretty good i think. According to
the results board when I came in i was 13 and he said he had been there
for a little while before I finished. He rode C open and finished 5 or 6.
I went into the woods off the start line around 10th and then some guys crashed and
I passed about 5 of them, then the guy I was following and some others went the wrong way somehow and we got lost. Then throw in a couple bad crash's in the single track ROOT section and when I came thru the tent on the first lap i was in 16th. I had a pretty good second lap and moved to 15 and the third lap was all about telling myself not to quit and just hang on and don't kill yourself. So it had me 13 at the finish but I thought i did better but it was my first race back and anyone who finishes one of these things knows that just finishing is an accomplishment in itself.
Back to top Go down
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 am

Cool Video.
I want a HD GO PRO!!!
Back to top Go down
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:17 pm

just got around to patching up my side panel that cracked during the scramble hahaha

fwiw, acerbis side panels are much thinner plastic that stock. Im gonna order some ufo brand panels next i guess.

SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL Attachment
Back to top Go down
marrighi

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:02 pm

How did you break the side panel , did you go down or hit a tree ? I hit a tree at perry mountain and broke the head light number plate and the radiator scoop last year.
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Sounds like you guys had fun. I need to get into shape and try a harescramble. Like deebart said, I just want to finish one. I don't care what I place lol.
Back to top Go down
https://ridealabama.forumotion.com
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:01 pm

marrighi wrote:
How did you break the side panel , did you go down or hit a tree ? I hit a tree at perry mountain and broke the head light number plate and the radiator scoop last year.

Well i think i did it in the creek crossing on a rock...but im not absolutly shure. I didnt really notice it until I was loading up the bike. SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL Affraid

Hak you need to try one out. Do a buddy race first though, they are alot easier to start out with. The first one is in April

alabamateamracing.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL   SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL Empty

Back to top Go down

SERA - Cornerstone GP February 28 Gardendale, AL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next