Ride Alabama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting dirty in Bama

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting back in the dirt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hak
Admin
Hak

Getting back in the dirt Empty
PostSubject: Getting back in the dirt   Getting back in the dirt EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Picking up a clean 07 Raptor 700R special edition on tuesday if all goes well, which it should. Missed getting dirty!!
Back to top Go down
https://ridealabama.forumotion.com
kawboy

kawboy

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the dirt   Getting back in the dirt EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Don't those have four tires? Getting back in the dirt 21751
Back to top Go down
green1

green1

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the dirt   Getting back in the dirt EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:02 pm

does it come with a bush hog? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the dirt   Getting back in the dirt EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Stopped by the guys house today to check out the quad. It was dirty from him riding it at the lake over the weekend but it will clean up real nice once I pressure wash it. I go back to his house tomorrow afternoon to pick it up!

Mods from what I could tell are:

full Armadillo skid plates front to rear including a-arms
Power Commander (or some kind of fuel controller under the seat)
full (I think) Dubach Racing "Dr.D" exhaust
aftermarket performance air box lid of some kind that had vents in it
K&N filter or variant from what I could see peeking under the vents in the air box lid
some kind of armor for the radiator fluid bottle....custom maybe?...it looked pretty slick with holes drilled in it so you can still see coolant level
Pro Armor nerf bars
some kind of aluminum or SS radiator guard behind the frontend vents
Armadillo six pack rack
some kind of front bumper
I think the rear rotor is aftermarket as all the ones I've seen prior to the 09+ models were not cross drilled and were just a smooth?

Extras:

huge binded service manual (even though I DL'd the one from here last week :) )
new plastics (looks like new front vented hood thing and maybe front fenders in a box)
stock exhaust in a box
stock air box lid
He also had the stock rear tires but he said he wanted those for his Kawi Mule. I told him if they don't fit I'd like to get those and he was fine with it. I know the mudlites are on the heavy side but I'll just ride them until they wear out then get some ITP GNCC's or something

I test rode it and holy crap does it have some serious freaking torque and powa!!! It felt real similar to the torquey power delivery of my old VTR1000F Superhawk. I was short shifting and low in the rpms in 3rd gear and it kissed the sky faster than a nazi saluting Hitler :D. Ran freaking great and started up just fine. Motor sounded mechanically great as well. The suspension he said was set up for a 210lb rider so that's right about where I'd have it set but I'll dial it in to my liking as I get some seat time. The pipe sounds mean as hell too. Not overly loud but definitely "the business". I'm sure it's not db compliant for some ORV parks lol. Might have to look into getting a spark arrestor for those ORV parks that require db levels. Thankfully I have trails out by my house so no worries of a loud pipe there.

Anyways that's what I could tell from the bike. If you guys see something else I missed let me know. I've ridden dirt bikes off and on and recently sold my WR250F. Then got back into sportbikes but just sold my Triumph 675 looking to get back into the dirt. Can't wait to pick this new toy up and go hit the trails again. I look forward to reading and shooting the breeze with you folks.

Here are some quick pics I took from my phone. It's dirty but I'll clean her up real good tomorrow night and take better pics sometime this week with me good camera Canon 7D....

Getting back in the dirt Raptorfront

Getting back in the dirt Raptorsuspension

Getting back in the dirt Raptorheaders

Getting back in the dirt Raptorexhaust
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the dirt   Getting back in the dirt EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Well she's home! I stopped by my buddies house in Pelham and unloaded it off the trailer. Took it for a spin down the road and it seemed like it wanted to studder a little bit up top in the rpm's. Almost like it's cold natured. Once it warmed up for a little bit it ran great. I'm going to check the spark plug first. Might need to get the power commander III tuned better. I have zero experience with fuel controllers. Don't have any software for it either or the USB cable.

Anyways after riding it a bit I went to the car wash and gave it a half assed pressure wash, being careful not to blast the TPS. Cleaned up real nice!

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_19-43-15_289

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_19-41-55_50

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_19-42-44_234

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_19-42-30_241

Then I drove on home. When I got there I just looked at it all clean and said what the hell and took it out for a night ride blasting around the trails by the house. First hill I climbed I shot up it and made it about 3/4 of the way then I got high centered on and hung up because it was so rutted out up top lol. I didn't know what the hell happened at first, thought my tranny blew or something haha. Looked back at the tires just spinning in the air heh. So there I was all alone in the dark on a steep hill with lightning going all around me from a storm moving in, trying to pull the bike down the hill without it tumbling down. All I could think of was all those videos you see of nice quads getting trashed tumbling down some hill lol. After about 5 minutes I got it back down to the bottom of the hill then went ripping on some trails til the fuel light came on. This bike really rips and I was surprised at how easy it was to blow the tires off given they are big, heavy mudlites. Bike slides like nothing to it! So now it's officially christened and dirty again haha.

Also the guy found another box of goodies. 2 lower a-arms and one upper a-arm. I will call him to see if he can find the other one. Also some bushings and other suspension bits. Parts are for a YZF450 but I'm guessing these will work since it's the same front suspension.

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_21-04-00_516

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_21-03-53_592

Cool little radiator bottle armor...

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_21-00-02_796

PC III and GYTR filter with thunder-something vents in a modded airbox lid....

Getting back in the dirt 2010-10-12_20-59-47_717
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the dirt   Getting back in the dirt Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting back in the dirt
Page 1 of 1