Ride Alabama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting dirty in Bama

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hak
Admin
Hak

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) Empty
PostSubject: PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F)   PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:12 pm

So my insert arrived today! Install time took about 20 minutes. Cleaned out my spark arrestor while I was in there.

Here are some comparison pics and video of the stock insert versus the PMB performance insert...

Old POS Sony camcorder doesn't really do the insert too much justice. It's definitely throatier than stock but not overly excessive or as permanent as drilling out my stock insert baffle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLmJI0WkAQ

Pics...

Stock

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) Stockinsert

Stock with end cap off

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) Stockinsertexposed

Size matters. PMB billet insert next to the stock insert

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) Stockinsertvspmbinsert

PMB insert

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) Pmbinsertexposed

PMB insert with end cap installed. Note: the PMB insert will not fit thru the stock end cap without some work. The instructions tell you how to enlarge the hole of the end cap. Basically you just push the insert thru the end cap on the exterior opening side and wiggle it around to bend and flare out the aluminum end cap a little.

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) Pmbinsert
Back to top Go down
https://ridealabama.forumotion.com
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F)   PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:51 pm

wow, thats a pretty huge difference. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F)   PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Yeah it's crazy how small the stocker is Shocked . I didn't get to ride it much aside from just down the street but it did seem to have a snappier throttle response. I could see why seeing as how corked up the WR is in stock form. Anything has to help lol.

I need to get my carb torn down and get my jet kit and fuel screw installed. I'll be real happy with the bike once it rides and idles without revving to the moon or having to double whack the throttle everywhere just to get the bike moving at a decent click. Its hard to semi-lug it and I don't like having to got WOT everywhere. Watch with my luck I'll install the jet kit and clean the carb and still have an issue because of some AP diaphragm issue or something lol.
Back to top Go down
https://ridealabama.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F)   PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F) Empty

Back to top Go down

PMB insert vs stock insert pics and vid (WR250F)
Page 1 of 1