Ride Alabama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting dirty in Bama

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chest protector saved my life

Go down 
+3
Hak
yamahamer
DeeBart
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeBart

DeeBart

Chest protector saved my life Empty
PostSubject: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Well guys looks like I'm out of commission for 12 weeks or longer if the wife has her way.
2 Broken ribs, laceration on my liver, bruised kidney, lung and adrenal gland.

I was wide open in 4th on a fire road and goosed it over a mud hole but bike got sideways and
back tire slid out from me and bike went one way and I headed straight for a tree.

The ER doctor said the chest protector saved my life or me from ever waking again.

So please always wear ALL your gear!!!!
Back to top Go down
yamahamer

yamahamer

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Sorry to hear your down but good to know it's not for good!
Good reminder for everyone.....T-shirt and jeans is not enough!
Get well soon!
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks Yamahamer!

I'll be investing in a top of the line chest protector this go around.
Hopefully I can find something that protects the vital organs a little better.

I was wearing a O'Neil Hammer which did a pretty good job even though I guess it's mostly made for protecting you from roost.
Back to top Go down
Hak
Admin
Hak

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:02 am

DAMN!!! Glad you are OK. Now I'm goiong to second think wheeling over mud holes. I usually do it so i don't crash from sliding out but looks like it can happen either way.

Ironically you mention the chest protector as in the recent DR mag there is a nice article about wearing one whether you do it for safety or to look cool. I need to buy one. My friend always tried to tell me they wouldn;t do shit for you in a crash and it's just for roost but reading the stories in the article plus your accident proves otherwise. I will definitely be investing now!
Back to top Go down
https://ridealabama.forumotion.com
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Yep,
I've had guys say the same thing to me about them not protecting anything. I just hope my accident changes folks mind.
My chest protector has saved me from huge flying rocks my buddy has roosted me with and a few other accidents with trees. I'm not having any luck finding something that protects the vitals. You would think they would make something like the football rib protectors or flap jackets.

Looks like the Fox Race Frame offers the most protection.
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/2010-FOX-RACEFRAME-CHEST-PROTECTOR/?catalogId=102584
Back to top Go down
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Wow Dee, thats sounds really painful. I cant think of much thats worse than ribs. Glad you had all your gear on. Get well soon!
Back to top Go down
VELOSITY

VELOSITY

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:07 am

that sucks, glad it wasn't worse.

I recently got a Juggernaut protector, so far I have mixed feelings about it. I love the arm/elbow protection and the spine protector, but the "mesh" crap that connects the armor pieces together is pretty useless. In the woods it gets caught and shredded on everything and its too bulky to wear a jersey over it.

http://www.highvelocitygear.com/productpages/slimline.html
Back to top Go down
ktm113mcp

ktm113mcp

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:08 am

Man I hate to hear your out for awhile, glad you came out as good as you did though. Check 661 site they have some good protecters but I still havent found none with the sides really protected.
Back to top Go down
http://doobobboyz.webs.com/
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks guys!

I should be back on the horse at the first of the year!!!
Back to top Go down
velocitygear

PostSubject: armor   Chest protector saved my life EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 am

Hello gentlemen,

Hey Velosity, thank you for your purchase. I wanted to offer some help...

We absolutely recommend that you wear a jersey over our armor. You may need to get a size larger than normal in order to get a jersey to fit over our armor but it is possible...

I'd hate to see you become an unhappy customer when there is a realistic solution Wink

Give it a shot...
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 am

Back to top Go down
easy2pass

easy2pass

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 pm

[quote="DeeBart"]My new setup.....

http://www.bustersdirtshop.com/product.php?productid=7957&cat=230&page=1 ]

That is awesome. Chest protector saved my life 807973 I want one
Back to top Go down
DeeBart

DeeBart

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 am

I used it at cornerstone GP and was very happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chest protector saved my life   Chest protector saved my life Empty

Back to top Go down

Chest protector saved my life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ride Alabama :: General :: General rider chat-
Jump to: